Generic Care Instructions
Caring for Your Clothes
We recommend following these general rules to maintain any clothes you want to keep for a long time!
Only wash if it smells, has sweat stains, or you spill something on it.
- Avoid sweat stains by wearing undershirts you don’t care about
- Avoid smells by wearing only during low energy activities and avoiding use in an active kitchen
Wash on a delicate cycle in cool water with like colours and materials.
- Washing delicate fabrics with rugged fabrics can damage the more delicate fabrics
Use fabric softener.
- It acts like a moisturizer, reducing friction during the wash and wrinkles post wash
DO NOT bleach and avoid heavy detergents where possible.
- Bleach only works for solid whites but can also cause them to yellow
Hang dry everything except knitwear. Knitwear will stretch and sag if hung so flat lay instead!
- It’s better for your clothes, the environment, and your wallet
Use dryer balls.
- Dryer balls are basically the fabric softener equivalent for the drying cycle
- If you don't have dryer balls you can use dryer sheets instead
Dry immediately after washing to prevent wrinkles and bad smells.